Presently the Burns By Your Side scheme is open to schools for children of all ages in the following locations:
- Pembrokeshire and Ceredigion
- Carmarthenshire & Brecon
- Swansea & Neath Port Talbot
- South & Central Dublin, Co Wicklow (North Dublin in 2020)
We can help you find a volunteer team for your school in three ways:
- We can train a member of your staff and their own companion dog once assessed and deemed suitable. This has proved a success in a number of our participating schools.
- We can help you to recruit a parent, grandparent or school governor that may be suitable as a volunteer via your own social media channels and networks.
- We can place you on our database of schools that wish to participate in the scheme and wait for a volunteer to apply in your area.
We welcome libraries, special educational needs units and further education settings. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org in the UK or email@example.com in Ireland for more information.
Please note that we are currently experiencing a high level of enquiries and as we are a very small team, it may be some time before we can respond to you. Please be assured that we will be in contact with you as soon as we can.
If you are a school interested in participating in the Reading to Dog Scheme, we would love to hear from you.
Click here to fill in an application form.