Job vacancy – Events Co-ordinator
This position closes on Wednesday 15th January 2020
Location: Head Office, Kidwelly, SA17 5EJ
Contract: Permanent full-time contract of employment
Hours: Basic contract of 37.5 hours over 5 days per week
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience and skills, can be discussed at interview.
We are proud to be an accredited Living Wage Employer.
How to apply:
Please send your current CV and cover letter to Katie Roderick or Luke Thomas
Via email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Via post: Burns Pet Nutrition Ltd, 99 Ferry Road, Kidwelly, Carmarthenshire, SA17 5EJ
Closing date: 15th January 2020 at 5:00pm
Support senior management with the efficient running of the events programme in line with business and brand objectives. Events include but are not limited to conferences, trade shows and exhibitions, internal training events, workshops, PR/networking opportunities and social events in the UK and international basis.
- Lead the BPN event programme to ensure it is concurrent with our organisational goals and ethos. Prioritise events and evaluate those which will bring genuine benefit and return on investment.
- Chair show meetings: ensure relevant attendees present, prepare an agenda, provide a clear brief, ensure actions are followed up and deadlines are met.
- Operate within pre-agreed financial budget parameters at all times; ensuring that events are as cost-effective as possible.
- Assume responsibility and adopt a hands-on approach to co-ordinate each event from beginning to completion including:
- Planning – prepare a project brief and budget, liaise with venues, arrange accommodation, dealing with requirements, organising the team to ensure Burns representatives are available, processing bookings and registrations; show bag preparation;
- Stand preparation;
- Running the day ensuring sponsors, staff, traders and VIP guests receive the utmost care; and
- Stand take-down and transportation.
- Work closely with other key business departments to ensure each event is successful; including:
- Marketing promoting events ensuring target audience is reached, agreeing key messages, co-ordinate the provision of Marketing materials and collateral such as banners, merchandise and literature.
- Health and Safety to comply with relevant legislation and restrictions and maintain accurate records e.g risk assessments; and ensure required trailers and vans are fit for use.
- Nutrition to co-ordinate picking list;
- Sales to work with personnel to co-ordinate shows and ensure products are displayed in line with company standards.
- Participate in post-event evaluation including:
- Follow up on queries and acquired contacts; and
- Report to senior management with regards to general feedback, sales, footfall and return on investment to drive the business forward.
- Manage the show equipment warehouse including quality control (report faulty or damaged equipment to management and manage associated costs).
- Research opportunities for new business relationships and events.
- Co-operate with Burns’ organisational policies and procedures for Health and Safety including PPE, lone working and reporting adverse events.
- General administrative duties as required.