Job vacancy – Dog Groomer
This position closes on Friday 28th February 2020
Location: ‘Y Nyth’ salon based at Parc Y Bocs Farm Shop and Café, Kidwelly, SA17 5AB
Contract: Permanent full-time contract of employment
Hours: Basic contract of 37.5 hours over 5 days per week
Working days and hours can be discussed at interview and must be concurrent with customer demand
Salary: £9.30 gross per hour
We are proud to be an accredited Living Wage Employer
How to apply:
Please send your current CV and cover letter to Luke Thomas
Via email: email@example.com
Via post: Burns Pet Nutrition Ltd, 99 Ferry Road, Kidwelly, Carmarthenshire, SA17 5EJ
Closing date: Friday 28th February 2020 at 5:00pm
Develop and maintain a grooming salon venture that will run alongside Parc Y Bocs Farm Shop and Café; demonstrating the highest standard of customer service.
A positive and flexible approach to work will be essential to the role including weekends, additional hours and unforeseen circumstances as required.
- Deal with customer enquiries in a professional manner.
- Book customer appointments including a detailed consultation.
- Communicate the benefits of Burns products/services to customers, distribute promotional materials and samples.
- Refer customers to our on-site pet shop and/or Nutritional Helpline as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records regarding the dog’s history such as age, temperament, vaccinations and general health.
- Ensure the smooth running of the pick up service.
- Carry out the grooming regime consistent with BPN standards.
- Basic health checks such as checking for skin and eye ailments.
- Bathe and clip dogs to conform to a variety of breed-specific standard styles and/or customer specification.
- Shampoo, dry and style the dog’s coat.
- Trim nails and brush teeth.
- Comply with relevant animal welfare legislation; remain informed on statutory amendments and make necessary updates to our work practices.
- Oversee all administrative and financial aspects of the salon and provide regular salon performance updates to the Retail Area Manager.
- Responsible for accounting for petty cash, refunds and receipts.
- Stocktaking; check deliveries and order products/supplies.
- General administrative duties.
- Represent the Company at events as required.
Health and Safety
- Maintain a high standard of workplace housekeeping and hygiene to create a safe and pleasant environment for staff and customers.
- Report faulty or damaged merchandise and equipment to the Retail Area Manager.
- Support with maintaining accurate records (e.g. risk assessments).
- Co-operate with Burns’ organisational policies and procedures for Health and Safety including PPE, lone working and reporting adverse events.
You will also be required to carry out any other duties which may be reasonably required of you.