Burns Pet Shop Assistant Needed for Carmarthen and Narberth Pet Shops and Parc Y Bocs Farm Shop.
This position closes on Friday 12 July 2019.
We are seeking a great new member of staff to join us in our Burns pet shops! Check out the details below and our Job Vacancies and Working For Us page. Good luck our paws are crossed for you.
Contract: Maternity Cover
Start date: July 2019
End date: March 2020
Hours: Basic Contract of 22.5 hours per week over 3 days
- Monday – Sunday (9am – 5pm)
- 30 Minute lunch break each day
Richard Mattey (Pet Shop Manager)
Salary: £9.00 per hour (Living Wage)
How to apply:
Please send your current CV and cover letter to Luke Thomas via email, in person or via post:
Burns Pet Nutrition Ltd, 99 Ferry Road, Kidwelly, Carmarthenshire, SA17 5EJ;
Closing Date: Friday 12 July 2019 – 17:00pm
Support the Shop Manager with day-to-day retail operations and provide a high standard of customer service.
A fully flexible approach to work is essential to the role including weekends, additional hours and cover unforeseen circumstances as required.
- Communicate the benefits of Burns products/services to customers and distribute promotional materials (e.g. natural health guide)
- Process customer purchases and orders at the point of sale accounting for petty cash, refunds and receipts
- Deal with customer enquiries in a professional manner, referring them to our Nutritional Helpline and liaise with other departments as required
- Support the Manager to continuously evaluate customer needs
- General administrative duties (e.g. stock control)
- Support the Manager with securing the premises and stock loss prevention
- Comply with relevant legislation and restrictions
Health and Safety
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping within the workplace
- Report faulty or damaged merchandise and equipment to the Shop Manager
- Co-operate with Burns’ organisational policies and procedures for Health and Safety including PPE and reporting adverse events
You will also be required to carry out any other duties which may be reasonably required of you.