An opportunity has arisen for a new job at Burns.
Closing date 13 September 2019
If you are efficient and love running events including conferences, trade shows and exhibitions, internal training events, workshops, PR/networking opportunities and social events in the UK and international basis, then this job is up your street. We have a busy remit for events and the role involves leading on the whole company events programme.
Below are some job details, but the full job description is available on our Job Vacancies page.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading the whole events programme to ensure it is concurrent with our organisational goals and ethos. Prioritise events and evaluate those which will bring genuine benefit and return on investment.
- Chairing show meetings: ensure relevant attendees present, prepare an agenda, provide a clear brief, ensure actions are followed up and deadlines are met.
- Operating within pre-agreed financial budget parameters at all times; ensuring that events are as cost-effective as possible.
- Assuming responsibility and adopt a hands-on approach to co-ordinate each event from beginning to completion including:
- Working closely with other key business departments to ensure each event is successful; including:
- Participating in post-event evaluation including:
- Managing the show equipment warehouse including quality control (report faulty or damaged equipment to management and manage associated costs).
- Researching opportunities for new business relationships and events.
- Co-operating with Burns’ organisational policies and procedures for Health and Safety including PPE, lone working and reporting adverse events.